Thursday, July 29, 2010

“Family Lessons” Response Questions

1. Are you able to picture the characters in your head? What other character-related details

would enable you to “see” the writer’s characters?

When I read stories like this yes I do picture people in my head. Some other character-related details that would help me build a picture of the character would just be some basic things like their age, some more details of what they enjoy doing , and maybe just a few basics likely describing hair and eye color and even body type. One other thing is maybe say if the cousin is a boy or girl.

2. What other characters would you like to see in the story? Are there any characters that you

would take out of the story? Why/why not?

I think it would be cool if they maybe went into a little detail about this big bull, it would help understand what kind of damage the bull could do. I don't thing there are any characters I would take out.

3. Is the plot/action entertaining? What could the writer do to “spice” up the action?

I think that plot is very entertaining it talks about how important her cousin is to her and then he gets hurt doing something she always teased him about. To me that is a pretty good story. To add a little spice maybe have a scene were they are watching real bull fighters and go into detail about what Clayton is thinking as he is watching the clips.

4. Can you picture where the story/action takes place? Why or why not? What else could the

writer do to establish the setting of the story? Are there any crucial scenes that are

underdeveloped or completely omitted?

I can actually picture the story take place the reason for me being able to picture it is because she says he went on his way for a week of dirt, sun, cowboys, lessons, and mean bulls.

5 Does the dialogue in the story seem realistic? What could the writer do to improve the

dialogue? Where would you like to see less/more dialogue?

I think the dialogue seems very realistic it connects with me just perfectly fine. To improve the dialogue they could maybe go into greater detail why the cousins are so close. I also would maybe like to see more dialogue related to the accident.

6. What can the writer do to revise this essay and make it better?

According to some of the links I read you need your ending to reaffirm, reflect upon, or extend the main point of the text.

Good essays end, they don’t just stop, so this is something the writer could do to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment