Friday, July 23, 2010

Men and Women

I am going to start off by being pretty honest it might not be true to some people but this is just how I feel. I think that obviously men and women are treated differently and of course the expectations for men and women are different also. I feel like in most families the men are expected to be the source of main income. Its not that the women cant do it and I some family the women are the main income, but I feel most the time it is the men. It has just been like this from time to time and it usually works so it stays that way.

Along with being the main source of income men are also responsible for certain chores to. Men mow the grass clean the gutters and usually do all the physically demanding stuff around the house, don’t get me wrong I know some women are capable of doing those things also but you usually just don’t see it. They know it’s a guy’s job so they let it go because it works form them and they like it that way. Yes women also have the same expectations to such as cooking cleaning and usually take care of the kids for the most part. I am not saying this in a shallow demeaning manner I am just simply saying that is usually how family’s work and that is how mine worked during my childhood and I feel like I turned out fine. I mean all these chores don’t always have to be like this for instance the father can cook dinner occasionally and he can also help with cleaning. What I am saying is that for the most part that is how it usually works and along with what the mother does of course the kids help her to with cooking cleaning and doing dishes. So what I guess I am saying is men and women are treated a little different in my family but not in a bad way it is just how I guess my dad and mom were raised also and it worked for both of them and their parents. They can prove it to because both my mom or dads parents weren’t ever divorced and neither are my parents and I don’t plan to be either. That all goes along the same with expectations. I feel like my father expects me to get a good job and make good money and be the main source of income in my family and I feel the same. I feel like if I wasn’t I kind of was a bit of a failure I guess you could say. I know it would not be bad if my wife had a good job and made better money but I just feel like that is my job I guess take that how you want. I also feel my parents don’t expect my sister to be the main source of income either in her family I feel like they expect her husband to be that person and she would be ok with it, and again not saying it bad if it is not like this but I just feel that his how most families are.

No comments:

Post a Comment