Monday, July 26, 2010

"Ground Zero" Blog

One great memory of mine all started as a joke or you could also say it was maybe a dream. It all started probably around the end of my junior year of high school or beginning of my senior year. What was the joke or dream you are wondering well it doesn’t sound like much but to high school kid at the time it would be amazing if it happened but somewhat unattainable.

The joke slash dream was that me and all my close friends would graduate and then that summer we all would go to Mexico. See it all just started as a joke between my friends and our parents. They would always talk about how neat it would be if all of us would go on a vacation together because believe it or not but me and five of my close friends and our parents were all really good friends and we all hung out. Then as the our senior started to come to an end our parents kept talking about a vacation together and if we could dream up one were would it be? So we all threw out our kind of realistic ideas not really thinking something like that would really work out, but what we didn’t know is our parents already had it planned and booked. We were scheduled to go to Cancun, Mexico for a week and the best thing about it that we didn’t know on top of being a dream come true, everything was all inclusive meaning once we got there and got our wrist bands we would not have to pay for a thing all week. You could only imagine how excited we were when we found out, the worst part was that it was so far away. Our dream vacation was in the first week of July, so that summer up until that week was actually wished away.

So the week of our dream vacation finally arrived. We had a direct flight from Louisville, Kentucky to Cancun, Mexico, and this also was my first time flying, but it could not get over soon enough. Our flight was a direct flight so it was nice and easy three-hour flight kind of weird to imagine this amazing place was only a three-hour flight away. Once we landing in Mexico I was so ready to be to our resort, but what I didn’t know was that we had to go through super long security stuff, which probably is not a bad thing for our safeties sake that is. Security stuff actually took longer than I expected it probably took an hour before we actually got to the resort. Once we finally got through all the security the resort actually had a vehicle there waiting on us to take us to the resort. It kind of made you feel important having a person sitting there waiting for you personally. This is when my eyes saw the most fascinating sight I think it has saw. We pulled up to the resort and could not believe it. It was like a fairy tail. The resort was so beautiful words can not describe what feelings went through me I was just shocked and just seriously, seriously surprised it actually happened. I was finally at a place I never thought I would be able to visit at such a young age. The resort was just flawless I guess you could say. The rooms and pools was immaculate something I thought I would ever be fortunate enough to do. I am so serious the view was also just so breath taking every room over looked the pool, hot tubs, and the crashing waves of the ocean. The place had everything from swim up bars to sushi restaurants to even life size chess it was so unreal. So this is were I came to the conclusion or maybe you could call it a very big dream that one day I really would love to run and maybe even own a resort so beautiful like the one I saw that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment