Monday, August 9, 2010

"Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts" Blog

When I think of two people I need to right about and compare, I can only think of two people who come to my mind right away. Those two people are my first friends, the first people I ever met and the first people that loved me. These two people are of course my mom and dad. They of course had no choice, but they were they first people I saw and of course loved, so it is only right of me to talk about them and compare them, because they in no way are similar.

I am first going to say I love both my parents dearly, but when it comes to raising me and my sister they both have there own methods. I am first going to talk about my mother; because it is only right ladies first that is how they raised me. My mother was raised out in the country I guess you could say on a big dairy farm. You could say my mother is no stranger to hard work. From the time she was just a little girl she had always been working or doing some type of choirs and she instilled that into me. I did not have to do the hard work she probably did but she always made sure I had some type of choir to do everyday before I could do anything, which I actually made me a well-rounded person I think. I would definitely have to say between my mom and dad my mother is the softy between the two. When I want something I usually run to mommy. I will not lie she spoils me and I of course enjoy it. For instance I can recall wanting to have people over and dad would always say no and then I would look at my mom and she would say come on tom they will we fine and of course then dad would always give in. My mom is always wanting me to buy new stuff to if I am just simply talking to her about something I like and plan to get eventually, she simply says well go get I will pay for it you deserve no matter what I normally do not do anything to deserve it. When it all comes down to it she just wants her boy to be happy and she will do anything to make sure that happens and that is why I love my mom.

My father, probably one of the hardest working individuals I know and the most loving at the same time. My fathers’ background I guess you could say is a little more rural; he is not exactly country boy and far from a city boy. My father grew up in a family of six brothers and sisters all in one house. He also was raised in a very hard working and intelligent family. I would say my parents were definitely raised differently but not too much. You could say his family was maybe a little more strict and little higher society, so by saying that I could guess my father is definitely the strict parent. My father is constantly on us on how we act and treat others. I now see nothing wrong with that, because how you are raised definitely reflects how you act and are looked at. My father is a very hard workingman along with working twelve-hour days he also owns rental property, were he does all the work on them himself. I definitely do not see how he can do it all. I feel like this is why he is very cautious with his money he knows how hard he works for it I guess you could say. That is also why he his so strict he wants me to develop the same work habit he has and he also does not want to lose everything he has worked hard to own. My father does have a soft side when it comes to kids, he actually would love to open his house to any kid that needs some guidance, that is just the kind of individual he is. He is not just looking to make money and fame he is just looking to help change I child’s life if needed. He mainly does all this to show his kids how to act and behave and again I will say when it all comes down to is he does what he does just to make his kids happy and will stop at nothing to make sure that happens.

It all comes down to that I of course think both of my parents are great people. They both are very responsible for me being the person I am today. I feel so far I have represented them very well and I plan to continue that. I am willing to say that is probably my main goal in life to make sure both of my parents are proud of me. They both have their differences on certain things, but when it all comes down to it they both played a big role in the person I am today and I love them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment