Friday, August 6, 2010

"What I've Learned from Men" Blog

As you get older and older you of course learn more and more things. I felt like these past couple years I have taken pretty big steps in my life. These steps are the steps that are going to make me the person I am. I feel like these steps are very important ones in a young adults life.

My first big step started of course when I graduated from high school and got my first real part time job. My first job was a construction job. I had get up every morning make my lunch and get to work on time, which I had no problem with because I had to do that a lot for sports also. The first job site I was on could have been the scariest thing I have done in my life so far. I was actually reroofing an A-frame house and it was very high and steep. Welcome to the real world and I had no choice I had to do it so I did. I will admit I was very scared and very happy to be done with that job. The summer went on and I worked there all summer until the middle of august. I had to quit because I was taking my next big step, which was moving out and going off to college. I was moving to Bowling Green, Kentucky to go to Western Kentucky University. I was so excited to go and live on my own, well at least I thought I was. I was there for about two weeks before I went back home to just visit my parents for the weekend. When I was home I started noticing certain things a I was missing just little things such as my moms food and just there company. The weekend was over and I headed back to school. As the school year went on I will not lie I did go home a little more than I should have, but one big reason for that was I had a girlfriend back home, so that didn’t help my situation. The year came to an end and I made a few good friends, but I just didn’t think western was the place for me, so that is when I decided to transfer to the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville, Indiana.

I was home for another summer and of course I got another summer job. This one was actually a little different. My new job was actually going to be in factory and boy was it a opening experience. My job at the factor was to inspect rotors so it was not to terribly bad just the hours were not fun. I actually was working twelve-hour shifts all summer, so you could say I did not have much of a summer as far as fun, but I did make some good money, which was kind of nice. When that summer came to an end I was off to Evansville. I had my own apartment and a roommate and now I was officially moved out. I absolutely loved it and really do feel like I am on my own. I had to grown up real fast. I was responsible for keeping up my apartment, cooking food and going to class. It is not to bad but it did take some time to get it all down. What I have learned is that takes a responsible and organized person to live on your own. I feel like I do a pretty good job though I get tons of complements on my apartment saying not many guys in college keep there apartment this clean, so that made me feel pretty good. I also ventured out and starting cooking a lot more and believe it or not I actually really enjoy cooking. I actually just recently bought a grill and am in love with it. I do not know why but the food is just better on a charcoal grill. I guess what I am saying is that what I have learned from my parents through the years has really paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment