Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"How to Con an Instructor" Blog

One of the biggest decisions in your life is whether you go to college or not. For some people college is just not for them. There are also so people who just love college and want to never graduate and of course there are those people who just do four years and that is just fine. I am hoping to be one of those people and I am now going to go through the process of does and do knots.

I started my college career at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky and let me tell you it was a culture shock. I was a s mall town boy dropped into a division one school. Western Kentucky has about twenty thousand kids who attend there school, so you could say it is a decent size school. As a freshman I actually signed up for this program where we moved on to campus a week before everyone else and let me tell you I highly recommend this. It really did help with everything from getting to know the campus to meeting new people. Luckily my roommate was actually a very good friend from home so we knew we had each other, which helped.

I actually remember the moment we met our first and best friends down there. We were sitting in our hallway waiting for our first floor meeting to begin and some guy who now is one of my best friends from there said “hey what’s up what are you guys names” and from there on you could say my roommate and I were pretty much insupportable from him and his roommate. They were actually from Kentucky, so they actually knew a few more people than us. Meeting them was a big bonus for many reasons, but another great thing was getting to know our campus. Western Kentucky’s’ campus is a pretty far campus and if you ever go visit you will understand why they are called the hill toppers. I will go ahead and tell you now it is because the campus is pretty much on a hill. Luckily my dorm was kind of in the middle of the hill I guess you could say, so I kind of lucked out there. That whole week had tons of activities planned during the day. The main point of all the activities was to become familiar with the campus and all the buildings. I will be honest I am very grateful for attending that it helped me tons. If the school you plan on attending offers this or something like this I highly recommend it. One other little inside scoop is all the frats have parties that first week and everything is free I am not going to get into details I will just let you use your imagination.

The next thing I am going to talk about is the classes and teachers. You first off need to se up a meeting with your advisor. This will help make sure you have everything completed that is needed and they will answer almost any question you have. They would be a great person to become very familiar with; they will help you with a lot of important decisions. The second best thing to do is look at your schedule and look at your teachers. If there is a website that gives you the inside scoop on teachers you definitely need to find that out it will help tremendously. When you figure out the good and bad teachers you then need to figure out were your classes are and how much time you will have between them this is something very important and something I didn’t not look at while scheduling my first semester of college, I luckily lucked out. Those are just a few basic things you need to definitely make sure and do other than that I will let you live and learn on your own. I personally think that is the best way to find yourself. Good luck finding out who and what you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment